Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Random Remodel

I have lived in this house for 4 years now. And for 4 years I've had issues with the carpet & wood paneling in my living room.

Yesterday that all changed.

I was going to wait until the room was totally finished before I made this post, but the room won't be done until next Wednesday. So, I'm just going to post this real quick.

Here are a  random picture of what the carpet & walls looked like as of 8:00 yesterday morning.


By 3 pm Bekah & I had ripped down the paneling, Bekah had ripped out the carpet, and I had plucked all the nails out of the flooor, swept up the carnage, and hauled all the old crap outside.



And by early evening we had the house semi-liveable again.



I still have to texture the walls, paint, refinish the floors, & find area rugs we like. (And hopefully before 2011 comes to an end - replace the furniture!)  But, even with the old materials out of this room, it has added SO Much light & space to the room. I'm totally in love with our work-in-progress. :)

***

Ok. I walked away from writing this post for a couple of hours. During that time a facebook friend suggested I check out plasters that were already colored so - gasp! -  I wouldn't have to paint! Brilliant! (Thanks Mike Keys!) I'm overwhelmed by all the options out there --- but, after this suggestion, I think we have decided on using a product from American Clay. Think "venetian plaster" in the most gorgeous earth tones possible. I'm hoping it will end up looking like this:





Anyhow, I will post again when we have a little more work done.

For now --- dinner!

Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment