Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1/52.

I'm a few days late writing this entry ...

In an earlier post I mentioned one of my NY resolutions was something called "Project 52: Write an old fashioned snail mail letter every week.". 

I stole this idea from another blog. In 2010 the author posted a picture every single week of her & her son. I liked the concept, but didn't want to steal the idea completely. Since another one of my goals for 2011 is to get to know my extended family better, I thought the idea of a 52 week communication commitment was appropriate. Anyone who knows me at all understands that for ME to commit to writting a snail mail letter --- and actually MAIL it --- every single week ... well, it's going to be a project for sure.

The goal was to take a picture of the addressed envelope complete with postage before I dropped it into the mail box.

But I forgot to take the picture, so on week one you will just have to take my word on it. Ha.

But, anyway, week one accomplished!

This week I wrote to a cousin of my mother's. I have only met him a handful of times in my life but through the power of Facebook I have been re-connected to him & his wife.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know that particular branch of my family tree. Updates to come.

Ooops ... I just realized how late it is. I need to get dinner in the oven so I guess this post was meant to be short & sweet.

Happy Wednesday, ya'll.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment